Sunday, February 23, 2014

Case Study #179 Happy Forever Card

I have been hoarding some retired Splendor paper forever. When I saw this next Case Study challenge, I noticed the diagonal design. Last week, I made another diagonal card and have to say I really like this style of card. It's also super fast to create.
Recipe: 
Paper: Splendor (retired), White Daisy CS (CTMH)
Stamp: Happy Forever (retired) (CTMH)
Inks: Goldrush, Topiary (CTMH), Vintage Sepia (Versa Fine)
Tools: Heat Gun, Clear Detail Embossing Powder, Glue Pen, Prisma Glitter, Watercolor Pencils, Blending Pen, Sweet Leaf Alcohol Marker Set, Honey Alcohol Marker Set, Paper-Piercer, Micro-Tip Scissors (CTMH)
Other: Bitty Sparkles, Foam Tape, White Embroidery Floss (CTMH)
I was happy to see the color combo from the Color Dare challenge fit perfectly with my plans for this card. Isn't that little hedgehog cute? I just can't part with him.

I would also like to enter this card into the Heart2Heart Challenge. This week's challenge is to add flourishes to your project. I'd say the wind behind that kite is an inventive flourish. :)

Casandra

8 comments:

  1. Wonderful card, Casandra! As I started to read your post I thought this would be a perfect card for this week's color dare and then I saw that you in fact were using these colors. Please use a direct link to colormyheartcolordare.blogspot to enter your card in our weekly challenge. I regret that I did not get that cute little hedgehog--he looks like he is having so much fun with the kite! Fabulous card!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! Love the sparkle of the glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that hedgehog set! Your card is so cute! Love the diagonal design and how you used it with your images. Great card! Thanks for joining us at Color My Heart this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable card. Love the sentiment! Super sweet. Great use of the Dare colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've added some wonderful accents to this cute card, Cassandra. I love the sparkly swirls, gems and stitching. Thanks for joining the Color Dare this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! I've always loved this stamp set and the little details you've added are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable little hedgehog, and great use of the colors. Thanks for joining the Color Dare this week.

    ReplyDelete