Friday, September 4, 2015

Jubilee Summertime Layout

I don't know where the time has gone. Is it really Labor Day weekend already? I hope you all have a safe and happy holiday weekend.

Recipe:
Paper: Jubilee (retired), Cranberry CS, Indian Corn Blue (retired), White Daisy CS (CTMH)
Stamp: Jubilee WOTG (retired) (CTMH)
Ink: Cocoa (CTMH)
Tools: Paper-Piercer (CTMH)
Other: Triangle Durable Studs, Jubilee Assortment (retired), Jubilee Complements (retired), Glue Dots (CTMH)

I have mentioned this crop a couple of times already, but here's a cute story about this layout. There was a young girl creating art at this crop; I think she was 10. She wandered around looking at everyone's craft stations and she kept coming back to mine. Since my oldest was about to turn 9, I had plenty to chat about when she would come over for a visit. As I was trying to decide what color photo mats to put down on this layout, she popped in again. So I decided to ask her opinion. Cranberry was the winner because it would provide that perfect pop of color. (To my friend that ran the crop: I think you may have a future scrapper for your group.)

It was a great time. And I love that there is a story of a young girl helping me create this layout for one of my young nieces. It seems fitting, somehow. 

Hope your weekend is a crafty one. Feel free to share in the comments below about your crafty (or otherwise) holiday plans.

Casandra

No comments:

Post a Comment