Saturday, March 24, 2018

Mermaid Birthday Card

Good morning.

I have been playing along with card challenges for the past couple of days. But today, I wanted to share with you a "just for fun" card.


One of my friend's has a sweet little girl whose birthday is coming up soon. I thought this card would be just right for her. My daughter loves it, so hopefully the birthday princess will, too.

I was inspired by a card created by Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin' Hoot

I used some hoarded white glitter cardstock, and I used a circle die to cut out the shape in the middle of this piece. To keep the die from slipping, I used a piece of washi tape to hold it in place. I seriously love our irridescent flower sequins from the Make Waves collection. I bought another pack (I'm such a hoarder!). And I used a birthday sentiment from "Short and Sweet" stamp set. I've overlooked this set many times in the book, but sometimes your project only has room for something small, and I'm a bit of a snob when it comes to having a sentiment on the front of the card. If it doesn't have one, I consider it unfinished. 

This little mermaid set is a keeper. Don't think I will be parting with it any time soon. I wish it did have a thin cut shape, though. It was tricky to fussy cut, but worth it in the end.

Hope you like. 

Casandra

No comments:

Post a Comment