Friday, August 5, 2011

Christmas Card Swap Spoiler

Good evening!

I have my cards almost finished for my Christmas card swap. You may remember a post I made a few weeks ago. I wasn't really happy with my sledding fun card. After a few friends gave me some advice on how I might change it to make it better, I finally found the time today to "fix" it.

Here it is:
Basically, I removed the red items and replaced them with glittery snowflakes, some clear sparkles, and "Let it Snow" sentiment in New England Ivy.

But then, I decided that to do it the right way, I would really need to break out my Aspen Level 2 pack that I had been hoarding. I reduced the windswept template (Wishes) down to 75% so that it would fit on a standard size card, as well. Here is the newest version:

This card makes me think of the magical days (& nights) of Christmas vacation. My mom would take us up the hill from our house in the evening hours when the moonlight would hit the freshly fallen snow and make it sparkle like diamonds. We would sled for an hour or longer with family and friends. Then we would head back to the house for hot cocoa and snuggle into our pj's. Yes, definitely some of my fondest memories of childhood.

Do you think breaking out my Aspen paper was worth it? :) This new motto that Close To My Heart has adopted..."consume it, not collect it" has really hit home with me.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Casandra

No comments:

Post a Comment