Saturday, April 15, 2017

A Kiwi Lane Inspired Winter Layout

So, last summer, when I had more time for dreaming and less time for scrapbooking, I purchased some Kiwi Lane Designs templates. You may have heard me speak about them once before.


Kiwi Lane created and branded the "framing" style of scrapbooking. Basically, you use their plastic see-through templates to trace out and place your paper scraps on a 12x12 base. They have a series of videos and screen shots of the step-by-step process to make it easy to use. One half of a cut goes on page 1 and the other half on page 2. You can layer and move the pieces around until you get the exact look you're going for. I especially love these curvy templates for creating winter and beach layouts.

This is my first attempt. I took it a step further and combined cricut and die cuts on my version. And to give credit where credit is due, this layout was scraplifted from Pinterest. My embellishments are different, as are the papers/colors. I really enjoyed creating this one, and my daughter loves it.

I am not a consultant for Kiwi Lane, but in the interest of inspiring, I wanted to let you know about them. They are a Christian based, family-owned company in the Midwest. I think you will fall in love with their designs, too, and find ways to implement this scrapbooking style into your own creations.

Happy crafting!

Casandra

No comments:

Post a Comment