Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Friends Fur Ever Card

I'm back again today with another card I made with the ultra-cute "Friendly Pets" stamp set. I scrap-lifted this one from the Seasonal Expressions 2 book, but changed out the papers. Isn't it cute? Eek. I love it.

Recipe:
Paper: Clementine (retired), Paper Fundamentals - Basic, Bamboo CS, White Daisy CS (CTMH)
Stamp: Friendly Pets (CTMH)
Inks: Chocolate, Sorbet, Creme Brulee (CTMH)
Tools: Liquid Glass, Clear Detail Embossing Powder, Craft Heater, ShinHan Alcohol Markers (CTMH)

I am not an expert at using alcohol markers. I colored the cat in with the darker color first and then went back over it in spots with a lighter shade. I didn't want it to look blotchy, and I think once it dried, it turned out pretty cute, certainly more professional looking than I thought I'd get. The ShinHan's make it pretty easy. They are a really great brand of markers.

I am planning to send this card to a friend in Texas; we (she and I) have an inside joke about her being the "crazy cat lady". I know she will laugh out loud when she gets it. 

Have a great day.

Casandra

No comments:

Post a Comment