Wednesday, May 21, 2014

May Flowers Blog Hop

I have several other Ariana layouts to share with you, but they will have to wait until after the holiday weekend, I'm afraid. 

I am part of a "Use Your Stash" blog hop this month, and the theme is "May Flowers". If you have arrived here from Janet's blog, you are on the right path.

This is one of those layouts where I started with the basic sketch, but then stalled out. I can't count the number of hours I spent looking through old idea books for inspiration, and even Jeanette Lynton's blog to see how the CTMH artists would have clustered these Ariana complements. I will admit that dimensional elements are not my favorite. But I was determined to give this particular kit a try since a fellow consultant sent it to me as a "gift". So I stepped away from it for a couple of days, and when I came back to it, everything clicked.
Recipe:
Paper: Ariana, Ariana Coral CS, Ariana Green CS, Outdoor Denim CS, White Daisy CS (CTMH)
Stamp: Ivy Lane WOTG (CTMH)
Ink: VersaMark
Tools: Gold Embossing Powder (retired), Heat Gun, Craft Tray, Micro-Tip Scissors, Scallop Border Punch, Paper-Piercer (CTMH)
Other: Olive Mini-Medley Assortment (retired), Smoothie Brads (retired), Antique Copper Brads (retired), Ariana Complements, Bohemian Assortment (retired), Paradise Paper Flowers (retired) (CTMH)

I am waiting to add pictures until I figure out which ones I want to print. I am happy with how this layout turned out. Did you notice all the different retired embellishments I used?

Thanks for stopping by. Please be sure to visit Theresa's blog next. If you get lost along the way, please check out Katy's blog for a complete list of hoppers.

I wish you all a safe and happy Memorial weekend. God bless.

Casandra Bennett

5 comments:

  1. So pretty! I love the Ariana paper and how you have used it here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layout
    Love how feminine it looks. Your photos are going to look great on this layout.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your layout looks amazing! I would have never known you had struggled with it at first. Good job seeking inspiration and coming back to it later.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice, I especially like the gold embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do not throw away anything and so I am sure that I have most of the stuff you used! I miss our Embossing powder...

    ReplyDelete