Friday, July 25, 2014

Skylark Workshop Layouts

Last night, we drove 2 hours to pick up our new puppy. Meet Jagger.
He is a Blue Heeler, otherwise known as an Australian Cattle Dog. 

Of course, the title of my post brought you here to see my Skylark Workshop Layouts. You may have seen my Freedom layout in a previous post. Here are the other two I designed for my workshop.

For the first layout, I followed the workshop on the go guide pretty close. I used Whisper ink instead of Slate. I also used embossed cardstock sheets from our Basic Fundamentals pack. It really adds a nice texture to this layout. I wanted to use the "suggested" pattern paper (or B&T) elsewhere. Another change I made to stretch the pretty lagoon paper from this kit was to cut the large pieces at 8x10 instead of 10x10. I was then able to use the extra scraps elsewhere (Freedom layout, for example).

I also incorporated a Skylark Picture My Life card into the second layout. It serves as a title for this layout.

Recipe:
Paper: Skylark, Free To Be Me, White Daisy CS, Sunset CS, Lagoon CS, Sweet Leaf CS, Paper Fundamentals Bamboo CS, Whisper CS, Skylark PML (CTMH)

Stamps: Skylark WOTG, Lifting Spirits, True To Life (CTMH)
Inks: Lagoon, Sunset, Chocolate, Whisper (CTMH)
Tools: Paper-Piercer, Micro-Tip Scissors, Sanding Kit (CTMH)
Other: Aqua Dots, Pearls (retired), Paradise Flowers (retired), Slate Twist Ties (CTMH)

Hope you can get outside to play in the sunshine today.

Casandra

2 comments:

  1. Aw - your new puppy is so cute! Love your layouts, too - especially the second one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun to catch up on all your fantastic layouts, Casandra, but the star of your blog now is Jagger! I'm going to go Google that dog. He is gorgeous and from the size of those paws, he is going to be a big boy!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete