Friday, March 21, 2014

MOJO337 Birthday Card

Last night, it was so quiet in my house. These moments can be few and far between at times, so I latched onto and sat down to create a birthday card. I decided not to over think it or try to combine too many challenges. Sometimes this works and sometimes it doesn't. I grabbed a couple of scraps I thought to be about the right size and that complimented each other.

This is what I came up with:

Recipe:
Paper: Ivy Lane, Balloon Ride, White Daisy CS (CTMH), Kraft (MFT)
Stamps: Perfect Fit - Birthday, Perfect Fit - Frames 2, Chantilly Card WOTG (retired)
Inks: Sweet Leaf, Sorbet, Crystal Blue, Chocolate (CTMH)
Tools: Clear Detail Embossing Powder, Heat Gun, Scallop Border Punch, Paper-Piercer (CTMH)
Other: Olive Mini-Medley (retired), White Baker's Twine (retired), White Embroidery Floss (retired) (CTMH)

I used the current Mojo Monday #337 sketch as my inspiration. I had some long scraps that I trimmed off and decided to use them in a unique way for the inside of my card.

So, I have been busy making cards (some of which you've seen over the past 3 weeks or so) for my upcoming card workshop next Saturday. To be perfectly candid, I have been having trouble getting customers to commit to attending any of my workshops. I am not sure what else to do. I think I have been making quite a nice variety of cards that would fit masculine or feminine themes. I am feeling discouraged today. For those of you that hold workshops, what works best for you? I would love your input. You may even private message me through email if you would prefer. 

On another note, if you see anything you like and would like to purchase either a pre-made card, or a kit to assemble, please contact me. I will give a special reduced rate to help offset the costs of shipping a kit to you. Thank you so much.

Casandra

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure the commitment to your classes has nothing to do with your cards; your ideas are amazing! I think it's hard because people are just so busy. One idea my mom has was to go into some of the senior living communities and donate some time to make a card with some of the residents there. This is such a gift to the older person AND you get your business name out there AND the recipient of the card might ask where the card came from (I would stamp my OBA on the back). Another thought is to work with some of the 4-H kids. In our county there is a Scrapbboking project. Those kids are always looking for ideas and products. They would love a class in some of your creative techniques. You might see if there is a way to reach out to Seniors in HS. Many of the seniors have to do senior projects and many of the girls do scrapbooks, photo type collages, etc. Even the guys get into the photo boards, but they usually need help! I spent a whirlwind weekend with a senior a couple of years ago working on her book! Maybe none of these ideas will work for you, but hopefully one of them will spark an idea that will! Anyone would be crazy not to do a class with you!

    ReplyDelete