Sunday, November 18, 2012

Black Tie's #10 Snowflake Card

Tonight, I was cruising through Blogger and came across a new challenge that is only in its 10th week, called Black Tie Friday's. They are looking to increase their followers and participants. 

This week's challenge is to create a project with black and white and use a cut-out. I would also like to enter this into the TSG181 Challenge from There She Goes Blog. Their challenge this week requires a project with a winter theme. I think this card fits the bill quite nicely.

Here is my interpretation.


Recipe:
Paper: Cruisin', Black CS, White Daisy CS (CTMH), Silver Pearls CS (Jo-Ann's)
Stamp: Very Merry Christmas (CTMH)
Ink: Black (CTMH)
Tools: Snowflakes Die (MFT), Micro-Tip Scissors, Paper-Piercer, Glue Pen (CTMH), Snow Dots Embossing Folder (Cuttlebug)
Other: Licorice Opaques, Originals pattern (CTMH)

When I first looked at this challenge, I was trying to figure out how I could create a Christmas card with black and white and still make it look like Christmas. Then, I started rummaging through my pattern papers and Cruisin' immediately popped out at me. At first, when you look at the pattern, it doesn't immediately "scream" Christmas. But then I started thinking about all the sweaters I received over the years, and argyle was one of those patterns that was sort of predominant in childhood. LOL And so there you have it...how Cruisin' became part of a Christmas card.

Have a great night!

Casandra

4 comments:

  1. I really like how you thought of the Crusin paper pack to go with your card. My brain would have never taken me there, and I love it!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Black Tie Friday's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your card turned out great! I love the argyle pattern in the paper - you're right it's perfect for a warm sweater look! The snowflakes are wonderful, too, especially with the pearls in the middle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card. The snowflakes are such a pretty touch and stand out so well against the embosses paper. Great job, thanks for playing with Black Tie Fridays.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! This cars is perfect. I love the pattern paper and the accent color. Thanks for playing.

    ReplyDelete