Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Frosted Workshop

Good afternoon, my friends. I hope you are all doing well and staying warm this winter.

In honor of the weather we are currently having in Northern Michigan, I would like to share my Frosted layouts with you.




Our snowman has lost a little weight in the last week. In five days, we went from temperatures like 20 below zero to a high of 39 degrees. And in the past hour, we are thankfully getting snow again, after freezing drizzle overnight. 

I love how these layouts turned out. When I first sat down with Frosted, I loved the colors and the patterns but felt it was pretty neutral. Like a mad scientist, I gleefully began sorting through kits to find hollyhock cardstock but could only come up with 1 sheet. What's a girl to do? So I took some Smoothie, Cotton Candy and Blush and put it up next to my daughter's winter coat to compare color contrast. In the end, Smoothie was the closest fit for me, and I love how it makes Izzy's snow gear pop. 

I also added gypsy and smokey plum to certain layouts for a nice contrast of color. For the "All Bundled Up" layout, I added some White Daisy, Slate and Juniper cardstock to pull colors from my son's winter gear. I love how the photos pop on that layout with the white daisy photo mats. On the last layout, I decided to embellish the overall story with a retired stamp set called "Bundled Up". Jack and Izzy played in the snow that day making snow angels and throwing snowballs. Did you happen to notice the winter hat I stamped and fussy cut above the "O" in the title? It was a last-minute addition, and I totally love the effect.

Thanks for stopping by today. My new Spring/Summer 2014 goodies should be here tomorrow. :) Have a happy day!

Casandra

No comments:

Post a Comment