Thursday, October 30, 2014

Baby's First Birthday Layout

Today, I am showcasing the final layout I created for Baby Sawyer's album. 
Eek! Isn't it cute?! I have been saving those monkey die-cuts for probably 10 years or better. The price tag on the back of the package is to a store that is no longer in our area. 

Recipe:
Paper: Skylark (retired), Footloose (retired), Sweet Leaf CS, Kraft CS, White Daisy CS (CTMH)
Stamps: Perfect Fit Birthday, Friendship Alphabet-small (retired) (CTMH)
Inks: Flaxen, Lagoon (CTMH)
Tools: Paper-Piercer, Micro-Tip Scissors, Stitch Guide Ruler (CTMH)
Other: Lagoon, Antique Copper, White Daisy Brads (retired), Chocolate Embroidery Floss (retired), Chocolate Washi Tape (retired), Cork Alphabet (retired), Monkey Die-Cuts (Jolene's)

I was talking with a friend about this layout and, more to the point, this entire baby album and how I am having trouble parting with it. My son's first year album is no where near this cute, but it also showcases a time when I scrapbooked without sketches. I didn't even know there was such a thing. So Jack's album shows how I have evolved in my scrapbooking. 

Let's discuss WASHI: Washi tape is something that leaves me baffled. How do I use it? Do I place it on cardstock or not? Do I make the ends even, or do I make it look like I ripped it on a tape dispenser? Ack! I overthink washi. I deliberately made myself just cut random pieces (no measuring, breathe, Casandra, breathe) and place it down willy-nilly. Have you guessed yet that I am a perfectionist? Yup...with a touch of OCD thrown in for good measure (great pun, eh?). My dad is this way, and guess what? I passed these traits along to my son Jack. Poor kid. 

Well, this is the end of my baby album postings for Baby Sawyer. Hope he loves it as much as I do.

Casandra.


1 comment:

  1. This is a really sweet layout....love the monkeys! I too struggle with the washi.....rather than trying to figure that stuff out, I just add it however! I prefer to use my OCD towards making things straight and even.......like picking your battles!

    ReplyDelete