Wednesday, March 28, 2018

H2H Mermaid Card

The other night, I had a vision for my next card, so I quickly sat down with my supplies and started creating. Having children (and a crazy, needy dog), I had several interruptions before it was completed. 


I would like to enter this card into Heart 2 Heart Challenges  current challenge "Cut It Out". That mermaid requires a lot of fussy cutting, but she's so pretty and so worth it. I grabbed my sponge and sponged the bottom in Glacier ink, switched it to Lagoon for the  middle and finished with our pretty Pansy ink at the top. I really wanted to add stitching around the edges but thought that make this card too fussy. I thought it would be fun to use the scallop embossing folder to mimick mermaid scales, and it's been forever since I really utilized my embossing folders. Before embossing, I did add stamping to the bottom. Way easier than trying to do it after. Oh, and I added some liquid glass to the bubbles (wish I'd colored them in beforehand for added depth). I'm sad that our pretty floral sequins are now sold out, but happy that I bought 1 extra pack before it happened. Whew! 

You only have a few days left to participate in this challenge, as well as the other March challenges at Heart 2 Heart. 

Hope you like this fun card. It's really bright and vivid in person. And daughter-approved, too. She has been dropping hints that she wants this card for her birthday. LOL

Happy crafting!

Casandra


4 comments:

  1. Such a super fun card with a great, textured background that adds to the overall appeal.

    Thanks for playing with us at Heart 2 Heart.
    Melissa Robinson, Design Team Member
    mlisrobinson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it, I love the embossed background with the different colours and the softness of the colours so she pops off the page. Your fussy cutting of the mermaid is much more talented than mine! Thanks for playing along with Heart 2 Heart Challenges (H2H).

    Brandi R.
    DT member H2H
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on your fussy-cutting, and background color blend of your sponging...adorable and fun card. Thanks for sharing with us at Heart2Heart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your mermaid is adorable and I love your background with the sponged embossing. Just perfect for a mermaid! Thanks for sharing with us at Heart 2 Heart!

    ReplyDelete