Thursday, January 31, 2019

Grateful Layout

I am back again today with my 2nd layout using the Grateful Heart paper collection.


It probably isn't noticeable, but after I laid the title on the die-cut leaves, it really didn't stand out. Because of it's thin font, I didn't think backing it with foam tape would be the best option. So I glued it down to white cardstock and fussy cut around it to help it pop more against the leaves. I then backed this with foam tape and I'm happy with the results, though it took a lot of patience. 

I also switched the pages around to not only showcase more photos, but also their orientation. Have you ever noticed that a professionally designed layout shows the photo subject looking from left to center, or (from the right page) right to center? It's a subtle detail, but it really makes an impact on the overall feel of a layout. 

One last detail to talk about. Since I wanted to squeeze as many photos onto this layout as possible, I chose to add stamped journaling lines instead of a pocket journal card. However, if you don't want the "clutter" of stamped journaling, simply add a journal card in place of a 3x4 photo. 

Don't be afraid to change a sketch up to suit your photo needs. Make it fun, but make it yours. 

Happy crafting!

Casandra

1 comment: