Friday, February 1, 2019

Blessed Beyond Measure

Good morning.

I have to say that it's kind of nice that the kids have gone back to school. I like a snow day as much as they do, but three this week was starting to make everyone antsy. 

I am back today to share with you another layout using the Grateful Heart paper collection. 


I created this layout for my daughter's album. It was super cold the day we took these photos. She was such a trooper, though. 

If you use the Close To My Heart sketch books, you may recognize this as Pattern 26 from the MIFYH Volume 3. As I was trying to decide what pattern to use, it had to have a couple of things. 1) A 5x7 (Portrait) photo, and 2) be able to fit at least 7 photos. We took a ton of pictures, and it was hard to narrow down my favorites, especially for my girl. You may also have noticed that I tend to mat my photos; it just feels more finished to me. I didn't want to compromise on trimming down my 4x6 photos anymore than necessary, so I used an 1/8" size mat border instead of my usual 1/4" size. The other thing I did here was to use a lot of colored cardstock...bases, photo mats, and even one of the cut patterns (green). I also added some stamping from a "Story by Stacy" stamp set. It's the first time it got inky, and I love how it turned out. I decided on the glacier bases instead of white so it would enhance the colors going on in the pictures. Isn't it cute? I will definitely use this sketch again.

Let me know what sketch is your favorite to use. I'd love to try something new. 

Thank you for taking time to stop by. Have a blessed (and warm) weekend.

Casandra

No comments:

Post a Comment