Monday, February 20, 2012

Thinking of You Card #6

Happy Sunshine Monday to you! The following card is the last in my Thinking of You Card series.


When trying to decide my last Thinking of You card, thoughts of a double use for it were buzzing in my head. One of my dear friends requested a birthday card. So, after trying to decide how I was going to use my Caboodle scraps, I went with the WOTG brochure suggested card template. I created this card 2 years ago at an Easter card workshop, and it seemed to be just the right color palette for this workshop. I still had the stamp set (one I haven't yet been able to part with), so I set out to create a card that could be either a birthday or a thinking of you theme just by swapping out the sentiments.

After assembling the first card (You're Amazing), I decided that it looked a little flat and needed something extra. So I went back to the Caboodle stamp set and started stamping the border strip on the green cardstock. I think you will agree that it is much better.

Products Used:
Caboodle L2 Paper Packet (Retired)
Caboodle WOTG Stamp Set (Retired)
For Every Occasion Stamp Set (Retired)
Unity Stamp Set (Retired)
Buttercup, Sorbet, Sweet Leaf & Crystal Blue Inks
Twitterpated Dimensional Buttons (Retired)
White Embroidery Floss
Baker's Twine Paradise Assortment
Sweet Leaf Ribbon (Retired)

I love how these cards turned out. Perfect for Spring!

Casandra

No comments:

Post a Comment