Sunday, August 11, 2013

Artbooking in August #2

Welcome to Week #2 of Artbooking in August! Are you ready to get creative? Let 36 Close To My Heart Consultants inspire you this month! This is a circular blog hop, so if you get lost along the way, please visit Adeline Brill's site here, and you're sure to get back on track!

Today just happens to be my birthday, so this hop is like a birthday present to me! I've had a pretty fantastic weekend filled with fun adventures and rare quality family time. One of my favorite things about the weekend was getting to finally meet a consultant friend that I've only ever talked with on the phone and through e-mail/Facebook. She is such a treasure to have for a friend. On top of that, I even received extra surprises of not one, but 3 birthday cakes! Wow, huh? If you were here, I'd share with you. Really, you'd be doing me a favor! LOL 

Okay, enough birthday chatter! You surely didn't come here for that! :)

If you arrived here from Michelle's blog, you're on the right path. Today's cards were inspired by Pinterest. Love that site!


Hexagons were cut at 1 1/4", page 66. Circles were cut at various sizes 2", 1 1/2", 1", 3/4", and 1/2", page 83.

Recipe:
Paper: Proplayer, Outdoor Denim CS, Sunset CS, White Daisy CS
Stamp: Casual Expressions Occasions 
Inks: Slate, Black, Barn Red
Tools: Cricut Artbooking, Paper-Piercer, Micro-Tip Scissors, Sponge, Cuttlebug Swiss Dots Embossing Folder
Other: Tulip Brads

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. Now, hop on over to Gina's blog to see what beautiful project she has in store for you.

Casandra

12 comments:

  1. OMG! Love these cards! I remember how much you loved the Dakota paper line. Nice cards for boys. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated birthday! Love both of your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday!! Today is my anniversary - hmm - I wonder who has more years to celebrate - you or me??? :) Love the circles!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the card with the circles. It is a great way to use up scraps of cardstock.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards! I especially love the Good Luck masculine card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute! I like your use of hexagons and circles :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. My birthday is also Aug. 11 and I too am a CTMH consultant. Thank you for sharing your cards. You used some of my favorite colors. Vicki Emmerson

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy belated birthday. we share the same birthday and also a love of crafting, I see. Your cards are great and you used some of my favorite colors. Vicki Emmerson/ fellow CTMH consultant

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Belated Birthday! Hope you had a great day! Your projects are terrific! Love the mix of shapes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy happy belated birthday! Yum- 3 cakes! Love the card with all the circles, fun look!

    ReplyDelete