Friday, March 13, 2015

Inspired Card

Last weekend, I was getting my craft on. Sometimes, cards are really easy, and other times they may take a while to come to fruition.

I was inspired by the artwork on the back of Close To My Heart's Seasonal Expressions 1 book. I used different stamp sets to create my version.

Recipe:
Paper: Heartstrings, Hopscotch, White Daisy CS, Glacier CS, Flaxen CS (CTMH)
Stamps: It's Your Day (retired), Have a Happy Day, A Bunch of Thanks (CTMH)
Inks: Glacier, Smoothie, Lagoon, Black (CTMH)
Tools: Paper-Piercer, Micro-Tip Scissors (CTMH)
Other: Gold Sequins, White Embroidery Floss (CTMH)

I hand-stitched this card while my daughter watched Disney and snuggled with her Daddy on the couch. It was a rather sweet moment, and I ended up not finishing this card until the following day so I could just enjoy being in the moment. Having a good night's sleep also gave me clarity on what stamps I ultimately ended up using. 

Since it's Friday, I have some crafty plans for the day. Hope you can find some time to get your craft on, too. Have a great weekend.

Casandra

1 comment:

  1. This card is so cute - I love it! Those little banners on the bottom...perfect!

    ReplyDelete