Tuesday, September 10, 2013

It's All About Going Back To School

Good morning! My kids are now at school for their 5th full day. I kept thinking how strangely quiet my house is as I cleaned up their toys and prepared for my work day from home. As I look out over my living room area, it's nice to have a clean, uncluttered floor and know it will stay that way until 4pm today. (Blissful sigh.) 

My daughter, Izzy, started Kindergarten last Wednesday. I had such mixed emotions sending my baby off to school, even though it's actually her third year of school (she attended two years of preschool at the same school). As she got off the bus and walked up the driveway with me, I asked her how her first day of school was. Her reply? "I don't want to talk about it." After a repeat attempt to find out, with the same reply, she finally admitted with a sigh "Okay. I cried." It was the cutest thing ever. She said she missed me. 

My son, Jack, just started Second Grade. He is now a big boy at the other end of the school building. He was so excited to see all of his friends, and hammed it up for the camera. His first day of school reply went like this: "I didn't EVEN get into trouble today!" He aims high. Yesterday, he surprised me with his first "Be" ticket. Our Elementary School gives out "Be" tickets for "Being Respectful", "Being Responsible", "Being Caring" and "Being Safe". He had the first 3 spots checked off. This is a big deal, and I'm super proud of him. You could see his pride as he showed it to me.

With all of this in mind, I wanted to share with you a cool video that Close To My Heart as put together to showcase "Back To School" layouts. I wish it was the end of the day already so I could get crafting! 
I opened my inbox this morning to find an email directing me to the "While Supplies Last" section of my website. Some new items have been added, and just in time, too! "Scholastic" papers can be your's for just $1.75 plus tax and shipping.
Whether you have babies back in school, or the all-grown up kind, these memories will be cherished forever. Have a happy day!

Casandra

No comments:

Post a Comment