Monday, May 18, 2015

H2H Extra Extra Read All About It

Greetings! I am so excited to continue as the guest designer over at Heart 2 Heart Challenges. This week's challenge, if you choose to accept it, is "Extra, Extra! Read All About it!"

I had a couple of ideas spinning around in my head, but decided there was no time like the present to complete my daughter's birthday layout from last weekend...you know, while the memories were still fresh. We had a tea party theme, and I'd love to say I got tons of great pictures, but with 13 children all together, and me being the only person in the bunch that they all knew, I was on my feet and moving the entire time. It was great fun, and the girls are still talking about it a week later. I call that a success!

Without further ado, here is my layout:



Recipe:
Paper: Brushed, Buttercup CS (retired), Pear CS, White Daisy CS (CTMH)
Stamps: Friendship Alphabet - Small (retired), Trinity Alphabet (retired), Tea Time (retired) (CTMH)
Inks: Pixie, Buttercup (retired), Hollyhock, Slate (CTMH)
Tools: 2" Scallop Circle Punch (retired), Paper-Piercer, Foam Mat, Micro-Tip Scissors (CTMH)
Other: White Embroidery Floss (retired), Pink Buttons (retired), White Enamel Stars, Glue Dots, Foam Tape (CTMH)

According to Wikipedia, "Hear Ye, Hear Ye" translates to "Listen up!" In England, town criers were the means of communication with the people of the town since many people could not read or write. Proclamations, local bylaws, market days, adverts, were all proclaimed by a bellman or crier. 

Before I go, I wanted to share a piece of advice with you. If you don't currently have good storage for your embellishments, I urge you to make that your next purchase. It doesn't have to be anything fancy, so long as you can see what you have so you use it. I bought a medium organizer from Close To My Heart to store my embellishments in. Now, I know exactly what I have, and that means that I will remember to use it. Use it or lose it. :)

Have a wonderful day!

Casandra

3 comments:

  1. Another sweet layout! I especially love the button balloons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those button balloons, what a fabulous idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the history lesson. At first i couldnt find the link to this challenge but now i do

    ReplyDelete