Monday, May 11, 2015

H2H Game On Layout

Good morning. I hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day weekend. Mine was extra busy. We celebrated my daughter's 7th birthday on Saturday with a Tea Party and 13 kids. The irony of the situation was that the children must have misunderstood and tried to recreate a "Boston Tea Party" instead of a "Royal Princess Tea Party". They were running and screaming and the Mother's Day cards I had planned to have them create at the party were forgotten in the melee. 

Best part of the afternoon was when the house was clean again and I could put my feet up, my son traded a foot massage for tv time. Gosh, I love that little guy. He has been such a help this entire week. So this next layout is just for him.


Recipe:
Paper: Jubilee (retired), Indian Corn Blue CS, Topiary CS, White Daisy CS (CTMH)
Stamps: Varsity Alphabet (retired), Friendship Large Alphabet (retired), The Authentic Life (CTMH)
Inks: Cranberry, Topiary, Outdoor Denim (CTMH)
Tools: Paper-Piercer, Foam Mat, Micro-Tip Scissors (CTMH)
Other: White Daisy Embroidery Floss (retired) (CTMH)

Here's the story on the ribbons: Jack brought home some ribbons last year from Track & Field Day. Since the length was 8", I puzzled over how to include them in this layout. I went back and forth about cutting them, overlapping them, not using them at all, and last night I had an idea to color copy them on cardstock and cut them out. This way, he still has his ribbons to enjoy. Jack loves it.

I created this layout for the "Game On" challenge over at Heart 2 Heart Challenges. You have until the end of May to participate. Hope you will join in on the fun. 

Casandra

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE how you incorporated the ribbons. The whole layout looks great! Glad to have you with us at H2H for the month :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great way to include those ribbons

    ReplyDelete