Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Too Cool For School Layout

I have been holding this layout back for a while. It took hours to create, and tracking down retired items to pull it together.


This is one of those layouts that is way cuter in person. I stamped each of those buildings and fussy cut them. Every 3rd one is popped up with 3d foam tape for added interest. The title is from the retired Chalk It Up workshop on the go, and the back to school sentiment is from a long-retired stamp set I've had forever. The paper is retired Laughing Lola with the Thistle glitter cardstock we sold until last year, I believe. I hope they will bring this item back.

So, the layout was totally inspired by my daughter's dress we bought from Gymboree a few years ago. It was the first time I even bought the shoes to match. Can you guess? Yup. Thistle purple glitter shoes. Eek! The dress had this skyline design on it and of course the minute I purchased the dress, I had to track down that retired Cityscape stamp set. Sometimes, you just have to.... Definitely a case of "I hope my husband doesn't sell my craft supplies for what I told him I spent". Haha.

This was the first photo shoot we ever did on our front porch on the first day of school. My daughter was going into first grade. She was so little.

Sometimes, you just gotta have fun when crafting and not be in such a hurry. It's cheaper than therapy, as they say. ;)

Happy crafting!

Casandra

1 comment:

  1. Very cute layout! Kudos to you on fussy cutting all of those buildings! I agree with the being in no hurry to get a layout done - this hobby is supposed to be fun!

    ReplyDelete