Monday, February 23, 2015

H2H Entwined Challenge

I have been on a creative kick lately. This weekend, when time allowed, I worked with the Hopscotch kit. I have to be honest and say I wasn't at all sure about the thicker twine that came with the workshop on the go kit. But, I decided to challenge myself to use it.

Here is what I came up with:


Recipe:
Paper: Hopsctoch, Colonial White CS, Glacier CS (CTMH)
Stamp: Just Sayin' (CTMH)
Inks: Indian Corn Blue, Flaxen, Glacier (CTMH)
Tools: Paper-Piercer, Foam Mat, Micro-Tip Scissors, Cricut Art Philosophy, Liquid Glass (CTMH)
Other: Junebug Glitter Puffies, Gold Sequins, Flaxen Twine, White Embroidery Floss (CTMH)

I was inspired by the layout featured on page 5 of the current Seasonal Expressions book. This layout will likely be the last page in another baby album I'm working on. Seems like our family has more boys than girls.

The first paper I cut from this kit was the blue b&t (pattern) paper; I left a 3/4" border around the edge. After adhering the paper to my cardstock, I squeezed a thin line of liquid glass glue all the way around the inside of the blue b&t paper (in 6" intervals) so I could tack the twine down. It was surprisingly easy to do. If you try this technique, my word of caution would be to make sure you don't get the liquid glass accidentally on your finger. I did this and then forgot what type of glue it was when I was holding the twine in place. Thankfully, I was quick and was able to wipe my finger smudge of liquid glass off the b&t paper. 

I have another fun tip for you. If you don't have our handy stitch guide ruler yet, simply cut out your desired shape(s) with our cricut cartridge (I used Art Philosophy) in the desired sizes (I cut at 1 1/2", 1 3/4" and 2"). The trick I used to keep my hearts in place was tacking a piece of washi tape to the underside of the cricut shape. It's repositionable, and as long as you remove it gently, it shouldn't muss up your project. After sticking my heart shape down, I pierced around the edge, removed the shape and stitched away. How fun is that?!

Heart 2 Heart has a fun challenge going on this month called "Entwined". You only have until the end of the month to play along, though.

If you would like any additional info. on this layout, please comment below. Thank you for stopping by today. Hope your week is crafty.

Casandra

4 comments:

  1. What a brillant idea using the thick twine. I am going to have to try that. Thanks for sharing with us at Heart 2 Heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the idea of the extra thick twine as a frame!!! Thanks for playing along with H2H's En-Twined Challenge, Casandra!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG I did not even notice the frame of the page was the twine what a creative idea, I love it! Thanks for playing along with Heart 2 Heart Challenge!

    Brandi R
    H2H DT member
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice use of the twine! Thanks for showing us how at H2H!

    ReplyDelete