Monday, February 16, 2015

RS153 Year Noted

I'm back today with another card I created this weekend using the Year: Noted kit from Close To My Heart.
Recipe:
Paper: Year: Noted (retired), White Daisy CS, Bamboo CS (CTMH)
Stamp: You Mean The World To Me (CTMH)
Ink: Lagoon (CTMH)
Tools: Marvy Uchida Journal Pen, Micro-Tip Scissors, 2" Scallop Circle Punch, Diamond Embossing Folder (CTMH)
Other: White Shimmer Trim (CTMH), Blue Ribbon (American Crafts)

This color combo of peach and mint makes me think of the early 90's. I remember looking at my first fashion catalog and wanting this cute tunic sweater and stirrup pants combo (LOL - Yes, stirrup pants). Peach and Mint Green were featured everywhere in this catalog. But alas, I needed to be 18 and have access to a credit card....

I would like to enter this card into this week's Retro Sketches #153 Challenge. Thanks for stopping by today.

Casandra

3 comments:

  1. Oh my - these colors together are gorgeous! Beautiful card, Casandra!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, good Lord, Casandra, stirrup pants!! I remember how hideous they were the first time around when I was a teenager and I sworn I would not succumb when they came back in style the second time, but, of course, I did. Which can only mean that they will inevitably return a third time, right? Eek! Hopefully, I'll be knackered in the home by then and oblivious to it!

    But that's not why you called. Your card in these sweet colors is a fantastic design that can be used for any number of occasions! Thank you for the inspiration!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this color combo and your sweet card!

    ReplyDelete