Thursday, February 13, 2014

DS138 Valentine Card

Tonight, while kids were busy playing and daddy was getting in some tv time, I snuck off to my craft room. 
Recipe:
Paper: For Always (retired), White Daisy CS, Black CS, Crystal Blue CS (CTMH)
Stamps: Whooo's Your Valentine (retired), Words of Comfort (CTMH)
Inks: Crystal Blue, Black (CTMH)
Tools: Paper-Piercer, Micro-Tip Scissors
Other: Clear Sparkles, Sparkle Flourish, Foam Tape (CTMH)

I love that this isn't your typical Valentine's Day card; in fact, it could really be used for any day. I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

1) Deconstructed Sketch #138 Challenge
2) Inspired By #107 Challenge

One of my high school friends is a military wife. Her husband is currently serving in Korea and she won't see him again until this Summer. I saw her Facebook post today and it made me sad to think that she can't spend tomorrow with her sweetheart. I am choosing to be grateful just to have my family all together tomorrow, whether we do anything special or not. God bless our military and their families. 

Happy Valentine's Day.

Casandra

5 comments:

  1. This is so pretty! I love the bit of bling! Thanks for playing at Inspired By.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, Cassandra! Great layout and embellishments!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just wonderful! I really like the silver embellishments with the color scheme that you used. Thanks for joining us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty card. Like the 'pop' of teal color.

    ReplyDelete