Thursday, February 20, 2014

CMCC#8 Easter Card

Well, good news here. My Izzy is finally feeling better and eating again after her tummy bug for the past few days. Jack is still sick with the croup; I must remember that it seems to peak at about day 5, but gosh it is worrisome to hear that horrible cough and last night I listened to him talk to himself in his sleep in between coughing. 

On another note, my husband is home early today and he and my father-in-law are out cleaning up snow and pushing back snow banks to prepare for the rain/sleet/snow mix we're supposed to get beginning this afternoon. I laughed this morning when I heard the radio DJ stating that it was supposed to get down to 29 degrees overnight. What planet has she been living on? That's a daytime high for February in Northern Michigan, so during the night(?)...yeah, I'll take it! But I'm sure you didn't come here to read the latest happenings in the Bennett household. 

I found a new challenge blog a few weeks ago and have been waiting for a color challenge that would fit with colors I have from Close To My Heart. This week's Colour Me! CMCC#8 Challenge was just what I was waiting for.
Recipe:
Paper: Miracle (retired), White Daisy CS, Sweet Leaf CS (CTMH), Kraft CS (MFT)
Stamp: Some Bunny (Hostess Exclusive) (CTMH)
Ink: Vintage Sepia (Versa Fine)
Tools: Heat Gun, Clear Detail Embossing Powder, Watercolor Pencils, Blending Pen, Crystal Blue & Sweet Leaf Alcohol Marker Sets, Paper-Piercer, Scallop Border Punch (CTMH)
Other: Chocolate Bitty Brads (retired) (CTMH)

I couldn't help myself; this stamped image was begging for a little yellow. Have a happy, crafty day! And if you get a chance, play along with this wonderful new challenge. You have until Monday, February 24th at 12pm EST. 

Casandra

8 comments:

  1. This card is adorable! I love the sweet little girl and the bunny...great way to used the challenge colors! It's always fun to see how differently everyone uses the same colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, Casandra! This card really made me smile. I love the scene you created, the coloring and the papers you chose. I guess I love it all!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun Easter card! The image is super sweet and I love the patterned papers. So happy you could join us at Colour Me...! Hope to see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is so cute, and I think these colors are PERFECT for Easter, and it didn't even occur to me! I love seeing everyone's take on things, and this is a great example! So glad you're playing along this week at Colour Me...!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I truly enjoy the stamped images from CTMH we can color! Love the papers with this image! I also like the way the Kraft brown, around the edges and matting the picture, seems to really bring out that cute little bunny!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this card! I just got this stamp set and was going to play with it today. Thanks for the inspiration:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, this is so pretty...and Springy! We're ready for Spring here in N. Illinois (like everyone else in the north!)
    Thank you for joining us at Colour Me this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet little Easter card! Sure made me think warmer thoughts :) Thanks so much for sharing with us at Colour Me...! We sure hope to see you again soon!!!

    ReplyDelete