Wednesday, February 19, 2014

FM147 Unicorn Card

I simply couldn't resist making one more card for the Friday Mashup FM147 Spritzy Challenge. Monday night, after a full day of working, grocery shopping (Have I ever mentioned I don't like this part? It eats into my crafty budget. LOL), making dinner, tucking kids into bed, I finally managed to get into the craft room to create this fun card.
Recipe:
Paper: Ivy Lane, Hollyhock CS, White Daisy CS (CTMH)
Stamp: Unicorn Dreams (Hostess Exclusive) (CTMH)
Inks: Hollyhock, Smokey Plum (CTMH)
Tools: Oval Die & Oval Scallop Die (Spellbinders), Clear Detail Embossing Powder, Heat Gun, Spray Pen, Paper-Piercer, Micro-Tip Scissors (CTMH)
Other: Purple Sparkle Gems (CTMH)

My little girl loves unicorns, and that sentiment is something I swear I've heard her say before. 

I don't know if you can tell from the picture, but I heat embossed the unicorn and then spritzed over it with purple ink. I didn't want the spray to make my unicorn (ink) bleed. Something for you to think about, should you decide to give this technique a try. A pigment ink, once set, would probably not bleed, but I haven't tried that version yet. Have a great day. Thanks for stopping by.

Casandra

2 comments:

  1. Casandra, this is another great take on My sketch! Who doesn't love unicorns!!! I appreciate your tip for spritzing and I am sure the embossing makes the unicorn pop even more in person.

    Thank you for playing along with us, twice, at The Friday Mashup!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful details with the spritzing and rhinestones. That is a fun sentiment! Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

    ReplyDelete