Friday, February 14, 2014

RS#101 Valentine Card

I am lucky enough to be spending the day with my three Valentines, since there is no school today, and even hubby has the day off from work.

I found a sketch yesterday at Retro Sketches that I really liked and I had an instant idea in mind for. Love when that happens.
Recipe:
Paper: Buzz and Bumble (retired), White Daisy CS (CTMH)
Stamps: Happy Hive, Bee Mine Petite Perks (retired) (CTMH)
Ink: Chocolate (CTMH)
Tools: Paper-Piercer, Micro-Tip Scissors, Glue Pen, Honey Alcohol Marker Set, Blush Alcohol Marker, Chocolate Marker (CTMH)
Other: Cocoa Bitty Brads (retired), White Daisy Embroidery Floss (retired), Foam Tape (CTMH)

When I saw the Happy Hive stamp set, I just couldn't resist it. Close To My Heart is celebrating their 30th Anniversary this year, and as part of the celebration, Jeanette Lynton  is releasing some favorite stamp sets from archives, that were previously only available in rubber mount. I did some paper-piecing to achieve this layered effect. Hope you like.

Casandra

4 comments:

  1. So cute, Casandra. Happy Valentines Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such an adorable honey bee card, Casandra! Perfect for the sketch and perfect for Valentine's Day!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. I entered this challenge too, I saw yours and it was so pretty I had to stop in and tell you! have a great day!

    ReplyDelete