Monday, February 24, 2014

DS139 Greatest Love Card

I waited patiently on Saturday for the Dynamic Duos color challenge to be posted. They didn't disappoint. I paired it with the latest sketch from Deconstructed Sketch. Check out this next card:
Recipe:
Paper: Splendor (retired), Claire (retired), White Daisy CS, Hollyhock CS (CTMH)
Stamp: Greatest Love (CTMH)
Ink: Sunset Pigment Ink (CTMH), Black (Versa Fine)
Tools: Clear Detail Embossing Powder, Heat Gun, Paper-Piercer, Micro-Tip Scissors, Corner Rounder (CTMH), Circle Stax Dies (MFT)
Other: Sunset Brads (retired), Green Sassy Strands (retired) (CTMH)
I tried out a technique I saw recently on a Youtube video from Close To My Heart. I took a Sunset (Orange) mini pigment ink pad and swiped it back and forth until I got the desired depth of color. I wasn't sure if I liked it at first, but once it dried, I'm actually loving the bold color combo of this card. It's fresh and vibrant.

Thanks so much for stopping by today. Have a great week!

Casandra

1 comment:

  1. Mmm! Love your swipey background and the way you shopped your stash for items in the challenge colours (esp. the corduroy brad and the loopy green yarn). Great job with the sketch, too. Thanks for sharing with us at the Dynamic Duos this week.

    ReplyDelete