Thursday, May 12, 2011

Hooligans Birthday Card


Here is the card that I made for my niece, Marie. She turns 17 today. Her favorite color has been purple for as long as I can remember. I wanted to make something extra special for her. I can still remember the day she was born. I had an eye doctor's appointment and was out of school for that morning. I had heard that my cousin was in the hospital having her baby. So before I returned to school, I decided to check in at the hospital in the hopes of seeing my new baby cousin.

Before I continue with this story, I should explain how it is that this young lady is my cousin, as well as my niece. LOL My cousin Karon, Marie's mother, was married to my brother-in-law. So I am both 2nd cousin, as well as Aunt to this beautiful young lady. People always look at me funny when I call her niece-cousin. Inside family joke. She likes to call me "Aunt-cousin".

So anyways, back to the rest of the story. When I went to check on mother and baby, my cousin asked me "Isn't my baby beautiful?" Being the jokester that I am, and 17 myself at the time, I replied "No; she's kind of red and pruny...I'm kidding...she's beautiful!"

Marie, your mama would be so proud of you. You are incredibly gifted and beautiful. I hope you like your birthday card, princess.

Now, for a few details about this card:
  • Hooligans Level 2 Paper
  • Lagoon, Black and White Daisy Cardstock
  • Purple "Tie-Dye" Paper from Jo-Ann Fabric's (Oldie but goodie)
  • Card Chatter-Birthday Stamp Set
  • Fill-In-The-Blank Stamp Set
  • Gypsy Ink
  • Fancy Pants PomPom Ribbon
  • Neutral Embroidery Floss
  • Paper Piercing Kit
  • Wishes How-To-Program
Hope your day is special.

Hugs,
Casandra

No comments:

Post a Comment