Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend

I hope everyone had a terrific holiday weekend. I am thankful to our military for protecting us and helping to ensure our freedom now and forever. They make sacrifices everyday to keep us safe.

I am so proud to have Grandfathers that served in World War II, and a Father-In-Law that served in Vietnam. My husband's Grandpa was at Pearl Harbor at the time of the Japanese air-strike. He is one of the most amazing men you will ever meet. One of my favorite stories that he shared with me was that when he came home from Hawaii, he brought home a little grass skirt for his baby girl. How cute is that?!

Sunday, I hosted my first workshop gathering to make 12 celebration cards. We had a wonderful time, and I want to take a moment to tell my friends thank you for attending. Your support means so much to me; I'm truly humbled. It didn't take long for the amateur cardmakers to catch on and keep right up with the experienced cardmakers. I saw a few tweaks on my designs and was thrilled. It's amazing how you can take one card sketch and change it up a little and it looks completely different. And I know when these ladies send the cards out, they can be proud to say they made them.

Yesterday, I spent the day cutting papers for the upcoming Fanfare scrapbook workshop. Well, I just couldn't help myself, and decided to add 2 extra layouts to the workshop. If time allows, we will be creating 12 pages total. There are still enough scraps leftover for the ladies to take home and make a few cards with, if they so choose.

Last night, my daughter came in to see what I was working on, and her favorite thing to tell me is "Great job, Mama! Beautiful!" She's very supportive and encouraging even at just 3 years of age. Love that silly girl. :)

My son summed up the weekend best, last night, when he said "Daddy! Didn't we have the most awesomemest weekend ever?!"

It looks like a beautiful day outside in sunny, Northern Michigan, and perhaps the official start of Summer! Have a wonderful day!

Casandra

No comments:

Post a Comment